Monday, October 17, 2011

Through the storm

Lately I have been wishing I could paint or draw, but I can't. That is not my gifting. But I can write! So I am going to "paint" if you will, with my words.





I open my eyes in the morning, this place I am in is unfamiliar, and frightening. I don't know how I got here, but I don't want to be here. "Why am I here?" I cry.





I am in one of those glass bottles that you sometimes see ships in. There is a storm raging in this bottle and within myself. I can see beyond the bottle the peace of everyday life. I can see my loved ones, even myself going through the motions.





Yet I am here in the midst of this horrifying storm. The clouds are as dark as the night sky, the lightning is sharp and forceful. The thunder is deafening and the rain and hail feel as though they pierce my skin. "Why am I here, Lord have mercy on me!"





It doesn't stop, it continues, it seems to go on for eternity. I fall on my face, the wind and rain continue to rush around me. The pain seems unbearable, "How will I survive this? Lord help me!" Then a hand touches my shoulder, I look up and there He sits next to me. Jesus. Weeping, with and for me, crying out to God on my behalf. The storm is still raging but my Jesus is here with me, that makes the pain and horror a little more bearable.





Slowly the storm settles to a mild rain. Sadness still overtakes me at times as does the fear, but I am now standing, holding the hand of my Lord and Savior. He was with me through it all the horrible storm and will stay with me forever.





Even when the sun's warmth touches my face and the raging storm has long since moved on He will stand rejoicing with me.





But for now the rain falls on our feet along with our tears, my hand is warmed by His and I know the sun will shine again.

No comments:

Post a Comment