Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Hiding Place


Sometimes I just want to runaway and hide from it all. I feel so weighed down by the responsibilities of being a mother, a wife, a friend, daughter, sister, even of being a christian. The problem is where ever I go, there I will be. I will still be there. I can't runaway from myself when ultimately that is who I want to run from. I don't want to run from my children, my husband, Jesus or anyone else just myself. I want to run from all the things in my past, I want to run from every wrong thing that still dwells in my heart, I want to run from my fear, doubt, worry, and anxiety. I want to run from the future, I want to run from the mistakes I make on a daily basis.
I feel so inadequate and unable to bear all that this life has for me. I am afraid of the future, even when it lies in the hands of God. I am afraid I won't be a good enough mother and that my children will suffer for it. I am afraid I am not supporting my husband enough, and not being a good helpmeet to him. I have lived with so much fear and condemnation on myself. I am ready to break free of it all.
Because JESUS died for ME! That is how I can say: I am MORE than adequate and able, I am NOT afraid of the future, because God's plans for me are for a future and a hope. I am a GREAT mother and helpmeet to my husband. I am NOT fearful or condemned. I am courageous and justified.
I want to run, but not away, TO the arms of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment