Monday, March 3, 2014

Just a country girl... Trying to live a simple life

I spent most of my childhood barefooted and outdoors. I loved the feel of the cool grass between my toes. I miss washing the grass stains from the bottoms of my feet at the end of each day. I climbed tree's with my brothers. We picked berries and ended up with the best smoothies ever and purple fingers! We caught frogs together, some were no bigger than the end of our fingers. We played in the sandbox and swung and climbed. We rode our bikes to the country store a couple miles away and bought treats. We helped my Grandpa stack wood, pull weeds and clean fish. I remember my Grandma canning and cooking and helping her hang clothes on the line. I remember raking leaves and jumping in the piles. Fishing with my dad grandpa was a special treat. Playing in the snow, even when it got dark, building some awesome snowmen and snow sculptures. Sledding and rubbing snow in our faces so we'd look cold and get hot cocoa when we went inside. Oh how I miss those days...

Now I am trying to create a similar life for my children. The world seems to keep speeding up and never stops. I want to learn to slow down and enjoy my world, let the rest of the world have their hyper speed lives. It's not for me. I want to enjoy my kids and all that God has placed here for us to experience.

I want to learn to slow down and experience God's presence everyday, in all the ways that I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment