Thursday, June 20, 2013

Daddy's little girl


The other night at church I had my arms raised up during worship, it is an act of surrender and praise to raise your hands during worship.
The Lord showed me that not only is it surrender and worship but it is me being his little girl. I raise my hands as a small child gesturing to be picked up and cradled in the arms of my Daddy, my Abba God.
Though I walk with God's joy and peace in my life, I still feel the sadness and despair of this world at times,  and to know that I can lift my arms and my Abba will lift me!!! It brings me to tears. He loves me, He see's me, He holds me in his arms and kisses my head...
There are days when I still feel like a little girl in my heart and I don't know how to handle all that life has handed me. I reach out to my Daddy and he lifts me.
There are days that I don't feel beautiful by this world's standards. I twirl or sing for my Daddy and He smiles and delights in me!
There are times when I can't stop the tears or the pain in my heart. My Daddy is there to wipe my eyes and comfort me.
There are situations where I don't know what to do, I ask my Abba and He gives me wisdom and direction.

When a little girl is frightened or unsure of something she will often go to her Daddy and lift her arms, she doesn't have to tell him what she needs, He knows.  He lifts her with love and concern in His eyes, wanting nothing more than to make it all better for her. This is how God loves me! This is how God loves you!

Listen to this song I posted above and let it be your prayer to our Abba.

No comments:

Post a Comment